God is Not in Control


January 20, 2014


God is not in control. At least not the way you think HE is. God does not have A PLAN, at least not in the way you envision. It’s meaningless, meaningless. All is meaningless.

It pains me, saddens me, makes me mad when I hear the words, “despite [insert terrible thing that has happened], I keep telling myself that God is in control. that God has [this place / these people] in the palm of HIS hands.”

And while it may be true, in one way or another, while it may be true that God has the whole world in God’s hands, I guess I just don’t buy it.

I don’t buy that there’s some underlying meaning to that death, that massacre, that rape, that miscarriage, that war.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parable of the Talents – A View from the Other Side

Spikenard Sunday/Palm Sunday by Kurt Vonnegut

Am I A Conservative?