Theological Journal – July 2 Aging Theologically



“To want no other life than the life we have lived, a life that often has moments of failures and betrayals, is made possible for Christians because our lives can be located in a determinative narrative that makes it possible for us to make sense even of those aspects of our life about which we are not sure we can or should make sense.” (Stanley Hauerwas, “The Good Life”)

I ponder, pray, and reflect on this comment more the older I get. It makes an honesty I otherwise would not be capable of possible and a hope I would never dare on my own conceivable. Perhaps it will do the same or more for you, dear reader.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parable of the Talents – A View from the Other Side

Spikenard Sunday/Palm Sunday by Kurt Vonnegut

Am I A Conservative?