1. Voting is the least significant act of citizenship.
2. If voting is your only form of active citizenship, you are likely a poser.
(Voting alone does not make you an active citizen any more than church attendance makes one a Christian)
3. Only if voting is a symbol of actual involvement in seeking the well-being of your community are you an active citizen.
4. Only if voting is a sacrament of your life broken and poured out for the world is it a Christian act.
5. Only if voting is a sign of your solidarity with the last and the least and reflects their needs and interests is it in line with the Gospel.
6. Only if voting is bathed in prayer and reflection with a community of faith is it an act of God’s love for the world.