Theological Journal – June 29, Toward a Trinitarian Spirituality

Ron Rolheiser tells us to ask 3 questions of ourselves to evaluate our spiritual health:

1) Do I pray every day?
2) Am I involved with the struggle of the poor?
3) Do I have the kind of friendships in my life that move me beyond bitterness and anger?

This suggests to me a trinitarian form to our spirituality:

-Talk with God
-Walk with Christ
-Live in the Spirit

If we follow two central rules for talking about the trinity to this we get the following:

-such talk, walk, and life always and at the same time constitute our spiritual life, and
-this talk, walk, and life cannot be separated from each other or played off against each other.

This triune form of spirituality, then, constitutes our participation in the life of the triune God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parable of the Talents – A View from the Other Side

Spikenard Sunday/Palm Sunday by Kurt Vonnegut

Am I A Conservative?