8 Wise Words on Social Media by Alan Jacobs

  • I don’t have to say something just because everyone around me is.
  • I don’t have to speak about things I know little or nothing about.
  • I don’t have to speak about issues that will be totally forgotten in a few weeks or months by the people who at this moment are most strenuously demanding a response.
  • I don’t have to spend my time in environments that press me to speak without knowledge.
  • If I can bring to an issue heat, but no light, it is probably best that I remain silent.
  • Private communication can be more valuable than public.
  • Delayed communication, made when people have had time to think and to calm their emotions, is almost always more valuable than immediate reaction.
  • Some conversations are be more meaningful and effective in living rooms, or at dinner tables, than in the middle of Main Street.

  • Read more at http://blog.ayjay.org/uncategorized/my-year-in-tech/

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Parable of the Talents – A View from the Other Side

    Spikenard Sunday/Palm Sunday by Kurt Vonnegut

    Am I A Conservative?