A Christian is a person who
1. cannot pledge unconditional allegiance to a nation/serves YHWH alone and the work of his people in the world.
2. cannot privilege or promote the interests of one people over those of others/privileges and promotes the needs and interests of the poor and needy everywhere.
3. cannot use violence to settle disputes or retaliate to attacks/loves enemies, seeks reconciliation and friendship.
4. cannot “push the button” and send the world into nuclear “winter”/works for the healing and nurture of creation.
5. cannot support an economy based on unending consumption/promotes saying “enough” and treats creation according to its own integrity rather than as a quarry to take from whatever and as much as we want to satisfy ourselves.
Can such a person fulfill the duties of President without compromising who they are and what they are called to be and do?
Can such a person be entrusted to protect the existence and welfare of this country by whatever means necessary?
Can an American citizen vote for such a person as this nation’s Chief Executive and Commander-in-Chief?